The town Drniš, located 45 km from Tribunj in the central part of Sibenik-Knin County near the river Krka, is first mentioned in 15th century. Since 1415, when the Turks began penetrate into Dalmatia, is Drniš constant looted and burned. In 1522 fall Drniš and the neighboring towns Knin and Skradin under Turkish domination and Drniš become an important administrative center of the Turkish dominion.
There are remains of medieval fortress Gradina with the tower in the upper part of the town over the valley of the river Čikola.
The town Drniš is rich in religious monuments, there are hier four Catholic churches - St. Anthony (Crkva Svetoga Ante Padovanskog), church St.Rocho (crkva Sv. Roka), the parish church of Our Lady of the Rosary (Župna crkva Gospe od Rožarija) and the church St. John the Baptist (crkva sv. Ivana Krstitelja) - and two Orthodox churches - the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary (Crkva Uspenija Bogorodice) and church Archangel Michael (Crkva Aranđel Mihailo).